Saturday, March 03, 2007

Meredith's First Bubble Bath...

For several months Meredith and I have been filling the garden tub in our bathroom for play time and bath time. We put in about 2 feet of water, all of her water toys and we play and play . . . then we take a bath.

Meredith enjoys so many things that take place while in the bathtub . . . from the sound of the water filling the tub, to the toys that float or swim around in the water, to her bath time books (yep books for the bathtub) and of course peeing in the water.

Of course there have been quite a few moments that have left a mark in my soul forever, for example the first time she slipped and went under (I still have nightmares about that one, even though she did not seem to mind that much) or being peed on in the water. Ah . . . memories.

However, it was not until last week that Meredith and I tried putting bubbles in the water. Now I did take the time to think some of this through and I did not use regular bubble bath stuff. Instead, I used baby shampoo, which does not actually have any soap - go figure.

We filled the tub, put in all of our toys (which we could not see, but hey) and then we slipped in the water. Meredith sat on my lap (as usual), but this time she stopped first to listen to the sound of the bubbles crinkling (?) and to look at the white mountains of suds (I really did not know how much soap to put in, so we had mountains). Then she put her little hand out to touch the suds and feel them . . . then in a movement quick as lighting she put a handful of the suds in her mouth. Of course, immediatly after she scrunched up her face and stuck her tongue out. When I was able to stop laughing I helped her clean her mouth out.

You know I would like to think that she learned a lesson, not to do it again, maybe?. But, NO . . . she tried at least three other times to eat some suds . . . during that same bath time. So now we are back to taking our bubble baths without bubbles, maybe we can try again in a few months.

No comments: