Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Meredith’s Daily, Hourly, Minutely, Secondly, Constant Hijinks!

You know, when Meredith was younger I used to think I was SO busy. My naïve self REALLY used to think, “Oh, it will be so nice when she can play by herself, that way I will have some time during the day to get other things done around the house.” WRONG! Boy was I ever wrong. Now that Meredith can play by herself I have to keep an eye on her like a hawk. She is a constant, furious, unforgiving ball of energy. The girl is on the move from the moment she opens her eyes in the morning to the moment she drops from sheer exhaustion.

Some of her favorite exploits include:

Pulling all of the storage bowls from the drawer and distributing them evenly around the house.

Pulling all of the toilet paper from the roll and then tearing it into pieces.

Trying to pick up the kitty.

Finding rocks and acorns outside and trying to clean them with her tongue.

Picking my nose.

Emptying her food bowls onto the floor and then eating from the floor – it is like a much bigger plate.

Pulling ALL of the DVDs out of the entertainment center and then trying to open them and take the DVDs out.

Taking the ornaments off the Christmas tree and them putting them back on the tree.

Pulling the clean laundry out of the dryer and replacing it with anything else she can find on the floor or around the house.

Figuring out what in the trashcans she can eat, play with or wear.

At the end of the day the list of Meredith’s activities that fall under the label of exploration is endless. Isn’t she great.

No comments: