
She is moving! OK, so all babies move. But no baby has ever moved inside of me before. It is a big deal. Believe you me. It all started on memorial day weekend. We were in week 23 and I still had not felt a thing. I was getting a little worried. So memorial day weekend I am trying one of those pregnant lady yoga tapes and in the cool down section at the end - I felt her. Or I think I felt her. There I was laying on the floor trying to touch my toe to my forhead and I felt this weird thing in the bottom of my abdomen. It felt like bubbles do when they pop against your skin. Soft but substantial. It was so COOL!. So there I am laying on the floor and I started cracking up. I was laughing my heart out - I was feeling this great mix of relief, happiness and excitement. Ryan came to check on me and I am sure he thought I was nuts. Ok, maybe he still thinks I am nuts, but I digress.
A few days passed by and I felt nothing. Of course I started to doubt my baby feeling. But a few more days passed and while I was sitting in my office chair at work - I felt her again. This time much more strongly! So at first, it felt like bubbles popping in my tummy. Now in week 28 Baby Girl Fuller feels like full sized crows flying around in my stomach. I will be sitting around doing something, anything or nothing and Baby Girl Fuller will complete a triple axle jump in my stomach, well kind of, but you know what I mean. It is SO COOL. I talk to her every day and I tell, "*******, you keep moving around in there and I will help you buy a car on your 16th birthday." Feeling her move in my stomach makes everything worth it - the nausea, the exhaustion, the torturous heartburn.
Sometimes, I even forget that she is in there. I will be caught up working or reading and Baby Girl Fuller will perform one of her many acrobatic feats and I just have to stop and smile or laugh - it just reminds me of how cool this all is.
It is weird, but SO COOL. You are thinking, Weird? Really, think about it. There is a minituare human living inside my stomach. Does that strike anyone else as odd? I used to think that living with a cat was strange. I mean there is a furry animal living in our house. She does not talk, she cannot do anything by herself and well, she is covered in fur. So, odd? Yes! But that is nothing compared with the fact that there is a HUMAN in my stomach. Ok I am done being amazed, excited and in love for now.

2 comments:
Kio, I love you. And I love that you are so incredibly baby giddy. The experience is weird and wonderful and crazy, all at once. Keep enjoying every second of it...and keep telling us all about it! :-)
It's been a long...time, but I remember thinking how weird it all was also. You're so cute! Keep it up!
Post a Comment