Meredith had her 2 month check up this past Monday. We went into her appointment at 8:30 am in a great mood. She had on her warm little sweats and matching jacket. She was toasty warm. And then the first thing they do is make her strip. Poor Meredith went from toasty warm to cold, Cold, COLD. This marked the first of many objections Miss Meredith Fuller would have over the next hour.
I wonder if our dislike/mistrust of doctors starts at such a young age.
Meredith's 2 Month Stats:
Weight: 13 lbs ½ ounce
Height: 24 inches – This little baby is almost half my height.
After the height and weight checks – she was subjected to a cold stethoscope all over from the top of her head all the way to the bottom of her feet. More cold – sheesh.
And then as the final indignity of the day she was subjected to FOUR shots in her little baby thighs. Count them not ONE or TWO but FOUR. FOUR. I don’t know who cried more her or me, but I can definitely tell you who cried louder. Her lungs are fine by the way. I just wish they did not have to hurt, you know. And bleed, why does she have to bleed. It is a good thing that she can't talk because if she had asked me for a car in that moment I would have gone out to buy her one – her choice.
It just seems to me that in all of the preparation information I read and was told about in getting ready for her first day of heavy duty shots SOMEONE would have told me about mommy guilt. Maybe I would have been better prepared. Buuuut, probably not.
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment